The SÃ£o Domingos Mines in Alentejo, close to MÃ©rtola, were abandoned in 1966 after centuries of mining activities. The area now resembles a post-apocalyptic waste
CemitÃ©rio dos Ingleses (â€˜British Cemeteryâ€™) was founded in 1717 andÂ is a burial place for mostly non-Portuguese inhabitants of Lisbon and its surrounding areas.Â Perhaps
The most recent addition to the Museu da Ãgua is the Galeria do Loreto (â€˜Loreto Galleryâ€™), which connects the ReservatÃ³rio da Patriarcal with the SÃ£o
The Ponte 25 de Abril (25th of April Bridge) is a suspension bridge connecting Lisbon to Almada on the south bank of the river Tejo.
The Estufa Fria is a cold greenhouse at the edge of Parque Eduardo VII (on the other side of the park from the Carlos Lopes